Growcology is an inland Southern California based public benefit organization dedicated to sharing resources on gardening, edible landscaping, sustainable living, and empowerment with our community. We also seek to provide high quality, affordable, hands on workshops on all of the above.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Planting


When do I plant?

What can I plant?

How do I plant?

These questions plague all gardeners, especially beginners. Fortunately, there are plenty of resources to help you out. We just found an amazing guide, the old farmer's almanac.

"Big Deal!" you might say. That thing has been around forever. Its not called the OLD farmer's almanac without reason.

True, but check out their website. Sure, having a nice, soil encrusted copy of your own is worth it, but we had no idea they'd blasted into the 21st century with a slick website chock full of customizable information. Aside from the planting guides, they've got phases of the moon, weather, recipes, and more. And if you put in your zip code, they'll make sure the info is accurate for the place and time that you find yourself in.

How cool is that?

1 comment:

  1. I chuckled when I read that you have just discovered the Farmer's Almanac. I used to read that thing avidly when I was a suburban kid, despite never having seen a vegetable garden or a farm. Perhaps I was preparing for a day when I'd be growing my own food. That day has come- I start my first "edible garden" this month. Your blog is well put together and interesting. I'll be recommending it to my gardening partners.

    ReplyDelete